Continuing our commitment to eating more fish, I recently purchased these lovely, wild albacore tuna steaks.
Not as expensive as your regular yellowfin tuna steaks, I almost prefer albacore tuna because I find them more tender and flavorful. I marinated the tuna steaks for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated (using a microplane)
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup organic olive oil
- Salt and pepper (as desired)
Mix the above ingredients together to make the marinade. Gently coat the tuna steaks with the marinade; cover and marinate for about 30 minutes.
In a non-stick pan on medium-high heat, sear the tuna steaks for about 3 minutes on each side, for medium rare (timing will depend on how think the steaks are).